How did my mom get my brother and I to eat broccoli as kids? This salad is how she did it. It is a super quick and easy way to include broccoli in our diet; especially with its nutritional benefits, such as Folic Acid, Vitamins K and C, and Potassium Fibre.
- Broccoli Crown
- White Onion
- Olive Oil
- Cut the onion into thin slices. Once cut, put onion into a bowl of cold water with a fair sized pinch of salt. This wash will bring down the onion's bite, perfect for salad prep.
- Steam broccoli crown until colour has brightened; about 5 minutes. I would not keep the broccoli too long as the more you cook it, the more the nutrients and vitamins diminish.
- Remove the broccoli from the steam and cut into bite size pieces. Place broccoli bits into desired salad bowl.
- Remove onions from the water and add to the salad bowl.
- Drizzle veggies with olive oil, add a pinch of salt, and squeeze lime into salad. Mix.
I hope you enjoy this salad recipe loaded with broccoli goodness! Share any other items you may have added to the salad in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you!